Sunday, February 12, 2017

Layers of Birthday Happy

 I needed a couple of birthday cards and the Clean and Simple Challenge this week covers sentiments only, so I took my cue from that.  I wanted a lot of colour and this paper covered that for me.  I cut a panel and die cut the sentiment out. I added the turquoise panel and attached to my card base, adding 4 white sentiment cuts before adding my last layer being the floral paper, leaving the caveties showing the turquoise paper. I then placed my card in my Misti and arranged my stamp so the birthday was stamped alongside the happy die cut area.  I coloured my stamp several times with doCraft Markers to ensure I did not get any of the "happy" that is part of the stamp, then finished off with a few sequins.
For this card I did the same kind of laying with the floral paper and sentiment, but did not add any matting. I have 3 layers under the floral birthday layer, and filled in the caveties as well. I stamped the happy, again colouring with my doCraft markers to ensure I only got the "happy".  They are hard to see, but there are also sequins and a crystal gem to finish.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today ... I will see you next time. 
Products: Frantic Stamper Happy Happy Happy Die, Frantic Stamper Celebration Stamp Set, Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles, doCraft Markers, Doodlebug Spring Things Paper, Neenah Cardstock, Recollections Cardstock, Misti, Sequins, Crystal Gem.

No comments :

Back to Top